Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sickness and stitches

Hey all,  I've been working on a new embroidery!


It's completely sweet, and if you're interested you can get the free pattern here:

My oldest one's home sick again :(  Going to the doctors later.  In the mean time, she wants to play with all our "natural" toys.  She says she wants to live like Laura and Mary (from the Little House series) and that we can only play with the toys that are made out of wood, or handmade. 




So we pulled out all the wooden blocks and connectagons and dollhouse furniture, and all the rag dolls and knitted doll blankets and playfood, and it's keeping her occupied so far.  I read all the Little House books to the girls last year (leaving out certain parts that might not be age appropriate here and there) and they loved them!  So they begged me to read the first one again this week, which was cool with me because Little House in the Big Woods is my fave! We finished it last night, and no matter how many times I read it, I always tear up at the end.

"She was glad that the cosy house, and Pa and Ma and the fire-light and the music, were now. They could not be forgotten, she thought, because now is now.  It can never be a long time ago."

It has made me cry ever since I was little, I think because I never wanted to grow up, and have always had a problem with things changing.  And of course now that I am a mother, I wish my little girls could be little forever, and it just gets me.  I think every mother probably goes through the same thing. Guess it's just a good reminder to enjoy what is now, and live in the moment, for too soon, the moment will be gone. So here's to living in the moment!  Have a great day.


-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog